Sunday, February 22, 2015

Meal Planning

We've been horrible at eating out.  And by that I mean we eat out waaay too much.  We both work full time and don't have kids, so we have a little wiggle room with finances.  HOWEVER, we need to save money!  And eating out all the time is not the way to save money!

If you search for "Crockpot meals" on Pinterest you will quickly become overwhelmed.  The reason I've never done the crockpot meals before is because there are way too many options, most of the recipes are super unhealthy, and there aren't readily available shopping lists.

But search no more, I've found the site for you!

The link below will take you to 8 freeze-ahead crockpot meals.  Each meal is intended to serve a whole family, so for us one meal will last awhile (dinner and lunch the next day, at least).  What I like about these meals is that they are pretty customizable to your preferences and can easily be made gluten-free and organic.  I used all organic, free range chicken, organic and grass fed beef, and organic vegetables.

On the site they provide a printable shopping list and printable recipe instructions.  No copying and pasting needed!  Have a look and let me know if you do it.

http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2012/09/slow-cooker-freezer-meals-make-8-meals.html


I assembled the meals today, and while it took longer than 1 hour, I think it was worth it.  Peter said, "I can't wait to eat all this food!"

XOXO,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. I'd love to know what you think. Please leave a comment!

Follow